Everyone is Facebooking and Tweeting about what they are Thankful For everyday this month. Instead of posting everyday, I decided to post the 30 things I am thankful for on here.
1. I am thankful for my wonderful parents! They are so supportive of me and my adventures! Even though we don’t always agree, we always love each other!
2. I am thankful for my baby sister. Even though we haven’t always gotten along, she is such an amazing person and I love her so much.
3. I am thankful for my job at PB – I have a wonderful job with wonderful people and it is something that I enjoy doing.
4. I am thankful for my college education – I had such a wonderful time at WKU and I am thankful that not only did I gain a great experience and great friends, but I am a more rounded and well educated person who is ready to take on the world (at least some days).
5. I am thankful for a roof over my head and a place to sleep every night.
6. I am thankful for the ability to read and write. Having this ability has opened up so many opportunities for me. School, jobs, ability to drive, cook, and so much more.
7. I am thankful for a mom who taught me how to cook. Cooking is something that I love to do now for fun and I love to cook for people.
8. I am thankful for my two precious dogs that are always willing to play and cuddle with me. They are there for me when no one else is.
9. I am thankful for my roommate, Amy. We have lots of fun eating together, laughing together and just spending time together.
10. I am thankful for the opportunity to pour into the lives of high schoolers every week at SCC. I love my lifegroup girls and can’t wait to hang out with them every week.
11. I am thankful for BCM ministries – Not only did it change my life while I was in college, but it has given me the opportunity to be involved in the lives of college students as a campus minister. BCM gave me a family both in college and after I graduated.
12.I am thankful for my church family at SCC – thankful that I have friends and a support system who love me and are able to walk through life with me where I am at now.
13. I am so so thankful for Living Hope and the role it played in my life in college. I am thankful for a pastor, mentors, teachers, students, friends, and so many others who supported me in college. I am so thankful for a church who supported me in all of my endeavors. Who served me and gave me an opportunity to serve.
14. I am thankful for my small group of girls from LHBC. I learned so much from them and can’t believe that they are seniors in high school now – to think that when I started working with them they were in 8th grade. They gave me an opportunity to pour out what wisdom I did have and they poured so much into my life.
15. I am thankful for a car that is my own. Thank I am able to drive myself to and fro wherever I want to go.
16. I am thankful for some AMAZING friends who are there for me through thick and thin.
17. I am thankful for diet coke and Starbucks lattes – I love my caffeine!
18. I am thankful for the opportunity to be crafty – to paint, sew, and make fun things that aren’t necessary, but are lots of fun.
19. I am thankful for my birth parents, who chose to give me a life. Without them I would have nothing to be thankful for.
20. I am thankful for candles. I love to burn a candle in my apartment and to be able to smell the wonderful scents.
21. I am thankful for my computer and for the many things it allows me to do.
22. I am thankful for HOBY and the role it has played in my life. I am so blessed to work with and be a part of such an awesome organization.
23. I am thankful for the opportunities I have had to travel around the world – to Asia and to Haiti and next year I will be headed to the Ukraine!
24. I am thankful for the support that people have shown me over the years – whether it was in my crazy idea to pick up an instrument or a basketball or this crazy idea I had to move away from home at 17.
25. I am thankful for the ability to give to others, whether it is my time, money or something else – I love being able to give gifts and to help people out in whatever way possible.
26. I am thankful for the sweet families that allow me to love on their kiddos. They have taught me so much about parenting and I know that I am going to be able to use their examples when I have kids of my own one day.
27. I am thankful for clean running water. After working in countries that don’t have this and seeing the difference it can make in someone’s life when they have it after not having it for so long I have learned not to take it for granted.
28. I am thankful for adoption and the role that it has played in my life and the lives of so many others. I am blessed to have been adopted by a wonderful family and to have so many friends who have adopted children or are in the process of adopting!
29. I am thankful for each breath I take – that I am allowed one more moment. I pray I use each one to make an impact on this world.
30. I am thankful for a Lord and Savior who died for me and has given me the opportunity of a new life!
There are so many things I am thankful for and I could go on and on, but this is my list of 30 things I am thankful for right now. What are you thankful for?