1. Skype-ing with friends in other countries is amazing! So thankful to get to see & talk to EBrew tonight!
2. I really miss my college friends and all the fun times we had together. I know growing up has to happen, but I want to know why we can’t all live a OTH life and see each other all the time and live in the same town and such.
3. I only have 2 weeks left at my job. It is both a happy and sad moment. I will miss Berea and my students, but I am ready for what the Lord has in store for me next. I am also going to miss Richmond and the Panera there as well as the Gilmin Group Home and all it has meant to me this year.
4. I am super excited about lunch with KP tomorrow, coffee/ice cream/who knows what with my cousin HS tomorrow, and hearing KP speak at UK BCM.
5. I miss blogging and wish that I had had more time for it in the last month, but I have been super crazy and hope that will be changing as a get ready to transition to life with just one job and not being pulled in a million different directions.
6. I really miss writing. Like doing a lot of research on topics and having to write research papers and essays and such for school. Really I think I miss school in general! I am so ready to go back. If only I had the money to start tomorrow!
Well my love for reading and my new dedication to read 52 books this year. I have now finished 3 books. The one I finished this morning was The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis. It was such a good book. My mom read the first few books of the Narnia series to me when I was little, but I haven’t read them since, so 7 of my books this year are planned to be the Narnia series. I have finished the first two and love them. C.S. Lewis is one of my favorite authors and I can’t wait to pick up the next book in the series, but first I am going to read Kisses from Katie, by Katie Davis.
If anyone has any suggestions for books that I should read this year, feel free to let me know.
So I finished my second book of the year last night, The Help by Kathryn Stockett. It was such a good book and I recommend it to anyone who likes to read, wants a good read, has or hasn’t seen the movie, or really anyone in general. I am keeping up with my goal to read a book a week so far and am now starting on my third book, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis.
Here are my 12 goals for 2012.
1. Read one book a month (at least)
2. Lose 40 pounds in a healthy way
3. Read through the bible cover to cover
4. Write one note/card/letter every week
5. Learn how to make one new food/dish every month
6. Be more diligent in my jobs and relationships
7. Journal daily
8. Collect and save all of my change
9. Go somewhere I’ve never been before
10. Be diligent in budgeting
11. Spend one day a month as a break for myself doing whatever I want and relaxing
12. Blog at least once a week