This is my last post of the 30 day challenge and it is all about my goals for the upcoming year.
My goal for 2012
1. Read a book a month
2. Lose 40 pounds
3. Read through the bible
4. Write a note/card a week.
5. Learn how to make a new dish/food every month
6. Be more diligent in my job
7. Journal more than just sermon notes
My favorite book(s). That “s” is necessary. I don’t think I could pick out just one book that is my favorite. I was the child that you could always find reading somewhere. I would read in the car, in the bathtub, on the toilet, in my room, in school, at home, ANYWHERE. I always had a book in my hand. To this day I still love to read, but the amount of time that I have actually been able to spend reading in the past few years has been minimal, but I am hoping to pick that up again. My goal for next year is to read a new book every month on my new Kindle that is coming for Christmas. 😀
Anywho… this blog post is supposed to be about my favorite books, not my love of reading and my reading plan. So here they are in no particular order, just a random off the top of my head list.
Kelsey’s Favorite Books
1. The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. Harry Potter 1-7 – J.K. Rowling
3. The Bible
4. To Kill A Mockingbird – Harper Lee
5. Radical – David Platt
6. Radical Together – David Platt
7. Come Looking For Me – Cheryl Cooper
8. Anything written by Karen Kingsbury
9. Screwtape Letters – C.S. Lewis
10. The Chronicles of Narnia – C.S. Lewis
If anyone has suggestions of books I should read, let me know. I am going to be looking for thing to put on my Kindle. My first couple are going to be Longing by Karen Kingsbury & The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
One Thing I Want To Accomplish in 2012
Hmm… That’s a hard one…
I guess it would be to find and successfully move into my own place in Louisville during the summer.
Lows of 2011
-my first car wreck & totaling my car 😦
-staying super crazy busy with 2 jobs and 2 volunteer positions
-not getting to go overseas (although that led to better things happening)
-finding out my mom needed neck surgery
-having to be away from Baylie while I moved/transitioned into a new job and after a wreck
-being a burden & hindrance to my roommate that I love and who is trying hard to recover
Highs of the year
-Getting my first big girl job
-Attending my first WKU Homecoming as an alum
-buying a new car
-Getting a dog
-Figuring out my passion & burdens
-building better relationships with my family
-Being out of school for the first time since before preschool
Ten things I am thankful for.
1. I am thankful for my Lord and Savior and what he has done for my life.
2. I am thankful for my family and their support of me and all that I do.
3. I am thankful for friends who are there for me and will help me through anything.
4. I am thankful for my education. Especially when having an education is not a privilege that everyone gets to have.
5. I am thankful for my jobs and the ability to support myself as well as work for some awesome people.
6. I am thankful for my dog, Baylie. I love her so much!
7. I am thankful for today and each day that the Lord allows me to live and serve him.
8. I am thankful for provision of the Lord, both on saving my life in more than one way and for always giving me everything that I need.
9. I am thankful for the passions the Lord has given me for orphans and adoption and pray that through his provision I will continue to be able to follow these and help them play out in my life.
10. I am thankful for my birthmother and her decision to give me up for adoption. Especially when that wasn’t the popular thing and probably not the “easy” thing.
Things I have pinned on Pinterest that I have actually made.
I have to say that I am addicted to Pinterest. I love it so much and wish I had time to make everything that I pinned.
A few things that I have made include – pumpkin jars, white chili, & pumpkin bread.